Seven people required medical treatment after a spate of house fires in the west of Scotland over the weekend.
Strathclyde Fire and Rescue Service said the incidents in Glasgow, Ayrshire and Arran should act as a "stark reminder" of the importance of smoke alarms in every household.
A man suffered severe smoke inhalation following a blaze in the kitchen of his flat in the southside of Glasgow on Saturday morning.
Crews were scrambled from Pollok Community Fire Station just before 6am and the casualty was given oxygen by firefighters before being taken by ambulance to the Victoria Infirmary.
Earlier that morning, at about 4am, a woman was taken to hospital for a precautionary check-up after a small fire broke out in the kitchen of her home in Ardoch Crescent, Stevenston, North Ayrshire. Strathclyde sent appliances from Kilwinning and Ardrossan and a dry powder extinguisher was used to tackle the flames.
At 8.40am on Saturday, the fire service received emergency calls from members of the public who reported seeing black smoke billowing from a shop in the village of Pirnmill, on the Isle of Arran. A female casualty was given oxygen therapy before being passed to the care of the Scottish Ambulance Service.
Later, crews were called to a kitchen fire at a tenement flat in Duke Wynd, Glasgow, at about 9.45am. A woman suffered mild smoke inhalation but did not have to go to hospital.
At around 7.15am on Saturday, firefighters were called to a blaze at a house in the village of Seamill, North Ayrshire, where a woman was given oxygen but did not require hospital treatment.
On Sunday, the service was called to two further incidents. A woman was given survival advice from control staff after she reported smoke in her property in Castlemilk Drive, Glasgow, at about 2am.
An elderly man was also treated by ambulance staff following a blaze in the living room of his home in Jamestown, West Dunbartonshire, just after 11.10pm. In both of these cases, the casualties did not require further medical treatment.